Are you looking for a career you can be proud of?
The Construction Association of PEI is sponsoring a program for youth who are seeking to explore a career in the Construction Industry trades (i.e., carpentry, electrical, welding, plumbing, roofing, masonry, etc.).
INFORMATION SESSIONS: · DATE: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021.
· PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
· LOCATIONS: Charlottetown—Sherwood-Parkdale Lions Club, 46 Valley Street (main floor in Bingo Hall). Summerside—Summerside Port Corporation, 160 Heather Moyse Drive.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY REGUIREMENTS:
· Age: 16-30.
· Unemployed OR part time employment of 20 hours or less per week.
· Either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person with a valid workpermit. (*Newcomers applicants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test score of 5 or higher.)
· 8 WEEK PAID CLASSROOM TIME: April 12th-June 4th.
· 14 WEEK PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: June 7th-Sept 10th.
· SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS & 240 APPRENTICSHIP HOURS.
· FREE WORKBOOTS & PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
· EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO PEI’S BOOMING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, ORIENTATION TO VARIOUS CONSTRUCTION TRADES, VR TRAINING, EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS, WORKSITE TOURS & MORE!
To apply for this program, please attend the information session nearest you with your most recent resume. (Program contact: email@example.com or 902-394-3361.)
This program is sponsored by
the Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole or in part by the
Government of Canada.
Information update from CAPEI GM, Sam Sanderson More »
Updated information - Provincial and Federal Programs-May 8th More »
Important Notice - Building Construction and Tendering Going Forward - TIE PWP More »
An Important Message from CAPEI GM, Sam Sanderson More »