Are you looking for a career you can be proud of?
The Construction Association of PEI is sponsoring a program for youth who are seeking to explore a career in the Construction Industry trades (i.e., carpentry, electrical, welding, plumbing, roofing, masonry, etc.).
INFORMATION SESSIONS: · DATE: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021.
· PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
· LOCATIONS: Charlottetown—Sherwood-Parkdale Lions Club, 46 Valley Street (main floor in Bingo Hall). Summerside—Summerside Port Corporation, 160 Heather Moyse Drive.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY REGUIREMENTS:
· Age: 16-30.
· Unemployed OR part time employment of 20 hours or less per week.
· Either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person with a valid workpermit. (*Newcomers applicants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test score of 5 or higher.)
· 8 WEEK PAID CLASSROOM TIME: April 12th-June 4th.
· 14 WEEK PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: June 7th-Sept 10th.
· SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS & 240 APPRENTICSHIP HOURS.
· FREE WORKBOOTS & PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
· EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO PEI’S BOOMING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, ORIENTATION TO VARIOUS CONSTRUCTION TRADES, VR TRAINING, EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS, WORKSITE TOURS & MORE!
To apply for this program, please attend the information session nearest you with your most recent resume. (Program contact: [email protected] or 902-394-3361.)
This program is sponsored by
the Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole or in part by the
Government of Canada.
Province of PEI and CPHO new construction and landscaping guide. More »
Message from CAPEI, General Manager Sam Sanderson More »
Information update from CAPEI GM, Sam Sanderson More »
Updated information - Provincial and Federal Programs-May 8th More »