Skilled Newcomers in Construction Program MAY 18
· DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2022
· PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
· · LOCATION: Parkdale-Sherwood Lions Club, 46 Valley Street, Charlottetown (upstairs of Bingo Hall).
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY REGUIREMENTS:
· Skilled newcomers with a professional background in construction who are seeking to earn Canadian credentials in their field of training.
· Newcomers with experience in construction trades who are seeking to successfully transition into a career in the island construction industry.
· Living in Canada for less than 10 years & either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a refugee with a valid work permit.
· A Canadian language benchmark placement test of 8 or higher.
KEY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
· 8 week unpaid classroom component: May 30-July 22, 2022
· 8 week paid work experience: July 25-Sept 16,2022
· Connect with select professional associations—i.e. Engineers PEI, Architects Assoc. of PEI, CAPEI, etc.
· Safety training certifications, 240 apprenticeship hours & free worksite PPE.
· 30 hours of instruction in the National Building Code of Canada for Residential Construction.· Project management presentations on blueprint reading, tendering & the PMP designation process.
· Exclusive insight into PEI’s thriving construction industry, orientation to various construction trades via real world & virtual reality, employability skills, PEI’s work culture, worksite tours & more!
To apply for this program, please attend the information session with your most recent resume. (Program contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-394-3361.)
program is sponsored by the Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole
or in part by the Government of Canada.
INFORMATION SESSION: February 11, 9:00 am -10:00 am At the Charlottetown Fire Hall, Station 2 152 More »
INFORMATION SESSION NEWCOMERS IN CONSTRUCTION-2021 More »
Program Information for September 2020 More »