Youth in Trades Program Starting FALL, 2021
Are you looking for a career you can be proud of?
The Construction Association of PEI is sponsoring a program for youth who are seeking to explore a career in the Construction Industry Trades (i.e., carpentry, electrical, welding, plumbing, roofing, masonry, road/ heavy construction etc.)
DATE: Wednesday, Sept 29, 2021.
PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
LOCATION: Charlottetown: 40 Enman Crescent, CAPEI’S Construction Training Centre (blue building located at the Royalty Centre back parking lot - road access is on left side of the Royalty Centre)
· Age: 16-30.
· Unemployed OR part time employment of 20 hours or less per week.
· Either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person with a valid work permit. (*Newcomers applicants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test score of 5 or higher.)
· 7 WEEKS PAID CLASSROOM TIME: October 12-November 26,2021
· 12 WEEKS PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: November 29, 2021-February 18, 2022(12 weeks+)
· SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS & 210 APPRENTICSHIPHOURS.
· FREE WORKBOOTS & PERSONAL PROTECTIVEEQUIPMENT
· EXPLORE VARIOUS CONSTRUCTION TRADES AT CAPEI’S OWN TRAINING CENTRE, EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO PEI’S BOOMING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, VR TRAINING, EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS, WORKSITE TOURS &MORE!
To apply for this program, please attend the information
session nearest you with your most recent resume. (Program contact: email@example.com 902-394-3361.) This program is sponsored by the
Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole or in part by the
Government of Canada.
LATEST UPDATE REGARDING THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY HERE ON PEI UPDATED MARCH 20/2020 – 3:15 PM More »
COVID-19 Information Update March 18, 2020 More »
COVID 19 - CAPEI Office Announcement UPDATE 4:53 March 17, 2020 More »