Youth in Trades Program Starting FALL, 2021
Are you looking for a career you can be proud of?
The Construction Association of PEI is sponsoring a program for youth who are seeking to explore a career in the Construction Industry Trades (i.e., carpentry, electrical, welding, plumbing, roofing, masonry, road/ heavy construction etc.)
DATE: Wednesday, Sept 22, 2021.
PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
LOCATION: Charlottetown: 40 Enman Crescent, CAPEI’S Construction Training Centre (blue building located at the Royalty Centre back parking lot - road access is on left side of the Royalty Centre)
· Age: 16-30.
· Unemployed OR part time employment of 20 hours or less per week.
· Either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person with a valid work permit. (*Newcomers applicants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test score of 5 or higher.)
· 7 WEEKS PAID CLASSROOM TIME: October 12-November 26,2021
· 12 WEEKS PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: November 29, 2021-February 18, 2022(12 weeks+)
· SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS & 210 APPRENTICSHIPHOURS.
· FREE WORKBOOTS & PERSONAL PROTECTIVEEQUIPMENT
· EXPLORE VARIOUS CONSTRUCTION TRADES AT CAPEI’S OWN TRAINING CENTRE, EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO PEI’S BOOMING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, VR TRAINING, EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS, WORKSITE TOURS &MORE!
To apply for this program, please attend the information
session nearest you with your most recent resume. (Program contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 902-394-3361.) This program is sponsored by the
Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole or in part by the
Government of Canada.
Youth in Trades Program Starting FALL, 2021 INFORMATION SESSION DATE: Wednesday, Sept 22, 2021. More »
Skilled Newcomers in Construction INFORMATION SESSION FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2021 More »
National Building Code Books now available through the CAPEI Office. More »
Youth in Trades Program 2021 More »